Excessive Noise

Cathedral Place is a vibrant community comprising of many different occupants from residental to retail.  As with every community there are many things that we and our guests must all do to respect our neighbours and allow for a peaceful and hamonious enviroment for everyone to enjoy.

Ensuring that the noise we make does not disturb others can be one of the more challenging of these tasks.

The By-Law number 6 in the CBC By-Laws explains this in detail.  

Being Disturbed?

If you are being disturbed by the noise of others anytime of the day or night, you can contact our office or the Security Guard via phone on 07 3062 8338 for assistance or to lodge a complaint.  You will be asked to provide your Name, Unit # and a contact phone number when you call, along with the details of the noise.


The Security Guard will make attempts to contact the offenders and request that the noise level be bought down to an acceptable level immediately. 

Please note, the powers of the Security Guard and Body Corporate are limited with relation to achieving immediate results.  If the offenders are unable to be raised or do not comply with our requests, we recommend that you take the following action:

Making a Complaint

  • Contact the Fortitude Valley Police Station on 07 3737 5757 for the most effective and immediate response, alternatively;

  • You can lodge a noise complaint by contacting PoliceLink on 131444, In our experience, contacting the station direct is often more effective, additionally;

  • Queensland Police Service now also offer an online noise reporting tool, visit https://forms.police.qld.gov.au/launch/NoiseComplaint where you can also lodge a complaint.

​Please note: 

The guard is not authorised to make routine noise complaints on your behalf.